Building and Development
Please read the entire Building Permit Process (PDF) document before calling with any building questions, as the document should answer all general questions.
- For code or zoning requirements please reference the Garibaldi Municipal Code. Use the upper right search bar to find your topic.
- For further questions regarding planning, zoning, property owner information, code requirements, etc., please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Short Term Rentals
Zones C1 and D1 both allow tourist housing, as follows:
D. “Hotel” means any structure, or any portion of any structure, which is occupied or intended or designed for transient occupancy for 30 days or less for dwelling, lodging or sleeping purposes; and includes any hotel, motel, inn, condominium, tourist home or house, studio hotel, bachelor hotel, lodging house, rooming house, apartment house, public or private dormitory, fraternity, sorority, public or private club; and also means space in mobile home or trailer parks, or similar structures or spaces or portions thereof so occupied; provided, such occupancy is for less than a 30-day period.
units shall comply with the following standards, which are intended to control the size and number of on individual lots, ensure compatibility with existing uses and ensure that are for the use of permanent or long-term residents, rather than short-term rental use.
Regulating Land Use
Structural code within Garibaldi is regulated by Tillamook County Community Development. Questions regarding structural building must be addressed by Tillamook County's Building Official by calling 503-842-3408.
Useful Documents & Links
- Garibaldi Land Use Permit Application
- Land Use Process / Permit Information
- Hillside Overlay Zoning-Map
- Conditional Use Application
- System Development Charge Fact Sheet
- City Map
- Zoning Map
- Comprehensive Plan
- Garibaldi Stormwater Management Plan
- School Excise Tax Calculation Form
- School Excise Tax Information
- Garibaldi Flood Map
- Garibaldi Tsunami Evacuation Map